The Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) pays for medically necessary services provided to patients seen in the office/hospital etc. You may require some services that are not insured by OHIP – these are considered Uninsured Services. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- travel advice and travel immunization
- telephone prescription renewals
- telephone consultation – phone advice from a physician at the request of a patient to discuss symptoms or concerns, request advice, or seek treatment
- missed/cancelled appointments – appointments which are missed or not cancelled with 24 hours notice
- transfer of records
- drivers physicals
- employment physicals
- children’s camp physicals
- newborn circumcision
- removal of some moles/cysts
- ear piercing
- completion of forms including sick notes and certificates
- medical-legal correspondence
PRESCRIPTION REFILL REQUEST POLICY FOR MARKHAM FAMILY HEALTH TEAM
Please be advised: there is a charge to authorize prescriptions by either phone or fax.
An Annual Block Fee is an option and may be of interest to frequent users of Uninsured Services.
Please enquire at the office for detailed information that will allow you to gauge if this option is right for you / your family.
For any questions, comments or concerns please email:firstname.lastname@example.org
The schedule of fees for uninsured services is set by the Ontario Medical Association. For your convenience, services not covered by OHIP can be paid for by cash, debit/Interac, MasterCard or VISA.