Thank-you for your interest in working at the Markham Family Health Team!
There are three postings at this time:
1)Registered Dietician/Certified Diabetes Educator
posted April 11, 2018
Registered Dietitian and Certified Diabetes Educator Position (Contract – Full Time) —Markham Family Health Team
The Markham Family Health Team provides a broad range of patient care services to a roster of 27000 diverse patients in three locations in Markham. For more information about the range of services we provide please see our website at www.markhamfht.com.
We are presently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our high functioning interprofessional team as a full-time Registered Dietitian/Certified Diabetes Educator to cover a 1 year maternity leave.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the successful candidate will work in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Health Professional Team providing patient-centred coordinated care.
- Program lead for the Diabetes Care Team for the FHT, responsible for the overall delivery of diabetes programming within the FHT.
- Provide individual assessment of patient’s health status and education needs with regards to diabetes.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate care plans and provide nutrition and lifestyle counseling for patients based on comprehensive needs assessments.
- Support clients to make positive, independent choices and decisions around diet and nutrition, promote patient independence in decision-making and autonomy, to maximize health.
- Collaborate closely with physicians, nurse practitioners and interdisciplinary health professionals (IHPs) to provide patient-centred comprehensive diabetes care.
- Develop, implement and facilitate group programs or workshops regarding diabetes or pre-diabetes management (this may include evenings).
- Document all patient care activities in the patient’s electronic chart in timely manner.
- Represent the mission, values and philosophy of the FHT in the community, including networks, meetings or presentations, as requested.
- Assist in the training and supervision of students and/or volunteers as requested by the Executive Director and/or Lead Physician.
- Provide education and support for physicians, nurse practitioners and IHPs on current guidelines and practices for diabetes management.
- Participate in the creation or maintenance of policies, procedures, medical directives and reports related to diabetes management.
- Develop, update and maintain education resources for patients and for providers.
- Completion of Dietitians of Canada Accredited Undergraduate Program in Nutrition or Food Science and completion of Supervised Dietitians of Canada Accredited Internship or Practicum Programs.
- Registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Member of Dietitians of Canada preferred.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Current knowledge and experience in chronic disease management.
- Adult and seniors experience preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience in community or primary care setting an asset.
- Client-centred philosophy of care.
- Certified diabetes educator certification.
- Demonstrated skills in nutrition assessment, program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Work effectively, both independently and as part of an inter-disciplinary team.
- Knowledge and proficiency in using online practice-based evidence tools for guiding practice and educating patients.
- Excellent oral presentation skills and experience with teaching and patient education.
- Flexibility to work during evening hours.
Please send your resume by email only to by 5pm Friday, May 4th, 2018: email@example.com
We thank everyone for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
posted April 2nd, 2018
SOCIAL WORKER 5 days per week
The Markham Family Health Team provides a broad range of patient care services to a roster of 27000 diverse patients in three locations in Markham. For more information about who we are and what we do please see our website at www.markhamfht.com.
We are presently seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our high functioning interprofessional team as a full time permanent Social Worker.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Social Worker works in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Health Professional Team providing patient-centred coordinated care. The Social Worker is responsible for assessment, treatment planning and providing group or brief individual therapy and education to our patients. When necessary, the social worker will also make external referrals for specialized treatment. In addition, the social worker will participate in the education of other members of the team on relevant topics. Supervising an MSW student may be part of the role. This position may involve some evening hours.
The successful candidate must have a Masters degree in Social Work from a recognized university and be registered in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. At least two years of recent clinical experience providing group and individual treatment to clients within an interdisciplinary team setting using evidence based approaches. Experience and training with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and or Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy are required. Training and experience in the use of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is required. Experience working with couples and families is an asset. Experience treating sexual abuse/assault as well as complex trauma is considered an asset. Experience treating additions is an asset. Experience providing culturally appropriate care within a diverse setting is essential. Previous experience supervising MSW students would be valuable. Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications with a willingness to learn is necessary.
We appreciate everyone’s interest in this position, however, only those identified for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume and cover letter by 5:00pm Friday April 20th, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
posted March 18, 2018
The position is a full time position. Regular hours will be 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday, some additional evening hours may be required.
Candidates must be able to work within their full scope of practice, and have two to three years relevant experience. Practical experience with EMR’s preferred. Previous primary care nursing experience in medical office strongly preferred.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
– Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
– RPN Diploma / Certificate of Competence (RPN) from approved program(s)
– Current membership with RNAO or RPNAO and evidence of liability insurance
– Excellent interpersonal skills re: patients and their families
– Must be team focused and flexible; works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team
– Excellent communication skills
– Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
– Effectively uses the EMR for documentation
– Proficient computer skills
– CPR certification
Please email your resume and cover letter to MFHTResumes@gmail.com, by Friday, April 13th, 2018, with RPN posting in the subject line.
While we appreciate your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.