Thank-you for your interest in working at the Markham Family Health Team!
There are three postings at this time:
1) Executive Director
posted Jan.11, 2019
Executive Director – Markham Family Health Team
The Markham Family Health Team (MFHT) is seeking an innovative and energetic Executive Director with demonstrated leadership skills to administer the daily operations and implement the strategic vision of the organization. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a collaborative, interdisciplinary team of health care professionals and administrative staff in providing excellent primary health care services to our roster of 27,000 patients as well as the broader community. This is a full-time leadership position, requiring excellent interpersonal and team-building skills, expertise in human resources, financial management, risk management, strategic and program planning and program delivery. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director supports clinical programs through actively developing team-based, patient-centered practices that meet professional and best-practice standards of care.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Markham Family Health Team Board of Directors in setting the future direction of the organization through the upcoming cycle of strategic planning. The successful candidate will have a clear vision on how to articulate the strategic plan into key deliverables. The incumbent will be experienced in program development, measurement, and quality improvement methodologies. They will work in alignment with our organizational values with high integrity and have excellent communication skills with employees, stakeholders and community members.
- To provide effective strategic leadership, guidance and management to the MFHT staff
- Collaborate with the Physician Group in establishing a culture of excellence in patient care and customer service across the organization
- To support and provide oversight of the financial management framework that supports the decision-making capabilities of the FHT and makes use of the appropriate financial systems to ensure the FHT continuously operates within its approved business plan and allocated funds
- To support and inspire the team to develop and plan programs the FHT can deliver in alignment with the needs of our patients and the broader community
- To position MFHT to be responsive to the changing health care environment and the needs of the population
- To act as the Privacy Officer and ensure adherence to PHIPA and FIPPA regulations
- To actively participate with health care planning processes occurring at the sub-regional and regional LHIN levels
- Master’s in Health Administration or equivalent in a related discipline or Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years relevant management experience preferably in a health care environment is strongly preferred
- Regulated health professional in good standing with relevant college is an asset
- Demonstrated experience in senior management and reporting to a Board of Directors is preferred
- Strong business acumen and excellent relationship building skills
- Demonstrated experience in community and/or primary care setting is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead inter-professional teams
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated sound judgment and problem-solving ability
- Superior leadership, organization, evaluation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and proficiency in using current, evidence-based methods and practices
- Proficiency in the use of the computer hardware and software, particularly in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of financial management, budgeting and ongoing financial monitoring
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning
- Multi-tasking skills related to the delivery of efficient primary care including the ability to share information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be open and non-judgmental
- Excellent human resources knowledge and management skills
- Able to maintain the environment to health and safety legislated standards for primary care
Markham Family Health Team offers a competitive compensation package in alignment with Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care rules for this position. The compensation package includes enrollment with the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
Interested and qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume in confidence by January 31st, 2019 to Mfhtresumes@gmail.com
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Markham Family Health Team is presently seeking to fill a permanent part-time (approximately 1 day per week) psychiatrist position to provide diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of patients, as well as the management and coordination of care utilizing psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy. Compensation will be based on the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s Sessional Compensation Plan for Specialists in Family Health Teams.
Our Family Health Team provides medical care to 27,000 patients from our community who have formally registered through the Ontario Ministry of Health.The successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes Primary Care Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists and a Chiropodist.
The successful candidate will support the ongoing process of quality review and improvement of our mental health services while demonstrating professionalism through upholding the standards that relate to all areas of practice.
Current expertise with geriatric patients regarding late-life mood and cognitive disorders is required for the position.
Applicants must be able to fill all of the following requirements:
- Hold a certificate of registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Hold a certification number from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Psychiatry
- Hold an Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) physician billing number
- Have a specialist designation in the Ministry’s Corporate Provider Database (CPDB)
- Are insured for physician liability under the Canadian Medical Protective Association
We appreciate everyone’s interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.This posting will remain up until the position is filled.
posted May 31st 2018
Volunteer Directors for Board of Markham Family Health Team
Markham Family Health Team (FHT) provides medical care to 27,000 patients from our community who have formally registered through the Ministry of Health with our FHT. We are a multi-disciplinary health care team that includes Family Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Registered Dietitians, Occupational Therapists and Chiropody.
We are presently seeking individuals with strong governance and leadership experience to join our Board of Directors.
Our mission is:
To create and deliver a model of lifelong care that optimizes health for the individuals, families and communities we serve. We will achieve our mission with a collaborative approach to patient-centred primary health care, thoughtful innovation and the application of best practices supported by advanced information technology.
We hold these values:
• Caring and respect
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Innovation and Continuous Quality Improvement
• Patient-centred care
We are looking for skilled individuals to support the governance mandate of our organization. Experience and knowledge in at least one of the following areas is required:
- Senior leadership experience
- Governance in a non-unionized environment
- Specialized knowledge in law, human resources or finance
- Knowledge of Ontario’s health-care system
We are seeking individuals who are strongly aligned with our mission and values and can play an important role in helping us continue to develop and grow as we strive to meet the needs of our patients. Board members must have strong communication and strategic critical thinking skills, along with a vested interest in our community.
The Markham Family Health Team Board of Directors typically meets on a quarterly basis with some occasional additional meetings. Following an initial orientation process, the time commitment would be about 12 to 15 hours per year.
Benefits to participating on our Board and contributing to the growth of Markham FHT include:
- An opportunity to learn more about primary care and the interdisciplinary FHT model in particular.
- A chance to work with a progressive organization where your expertise can make a difference.
- An opportunity to learn more about board governance.
- Networking with other professionals who share your values.
- Personal and professional growth.
To learn more about our organization please go to http://www.markhamfht.com.
Note: this is a volunteer position.
Please submit your CV with an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all interest in this opportunity only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Registered Practical Nurse (1 year)
MARKHAM FAMILY HEALTH TEAM
Markham, ON, CANADA
Markham Family Health Team Job Posting
Position: Registered Nurse, Full Time
The Markham Family Health Team (MFHT) serves over 27000 patients and has three sites in the Markham area. Our team consists of 19 Physicians and a wide variety of Interdisciplinary Health Professionals and Administrative Professionals. (See website for more MFHT information).
We are currently looking for a full time Registered Practical Nurse to cover a one year maternity leave. This position will primarily be at our Cornell Park Avenue and Main Street locations. The position is a Full Time 5 days per week, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday. Some evening hours may be required.
The role of the Registered Practical Nurse, within the Markham Family Health Team (MFHT), requires a knowledge of primary care nursing and the ability to function effectively in a team environment. The role also requires a high level of interpersonal skills to provide care for a diverse population of patients and their families in a compassionate manner. The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment is essential. Duties of the Registered Practical Nurses include, but are not limited to, assisting with performing vitals, injections and immunizations (B12, vaccines, flu shots, allergy shots, TB testing and other various injections), urine tests, ear syringing, assisting in Pap smears, preliminary workup for wellness and well baby visits, prenatal exams, removing sutures/staples, applying and changing dressings, entering immunizations and other medical data into EMR, ordering vaccines and swabs from Public Health, calling patients with messages as per directives from physicians, specimen prep, maintenance, organization stocking and cleaning of work and examination rooms.
Qualifications and Requirements
– Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
– RPN Diploma / Certificate of Competence (RPN) from approved program(s)
– Current membership with RNAO or RPNAO
– Excellent interpersonal skills re: patients and their families
– Must be team focused and flexible; works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team
– Excellent communication skills
– Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines
– Effectively uses the EMR for documentation, experience with Accuro is preferred
– Proficient computer skills
– CPR for Healthcare Provider Certification
– A minimum of 3 years of nursing experience
Previous primary care nursing experience in medical office strongly preferred.
We appreciate everyone’s interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by December 14, 2018
Markham Family Physicians
Position: Administrative Assistant (Part-time – 2 days per week)
Markham Family Physicians (MFP) consists of 17 physicians at two locations in the Markham area. We are a dynamic high energy environment focused on providing excellent care for our patients.
We are presently seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant with strong enthusiasm for great customer service. The position is two days per week at our 377 Church Street site with one day focused on booking patient appointments in our busy call centre and one day checking in patients at our front reception desk, leading them to treatment rooms and prepping them for their appointment with their provider. Work hours are during the day. Some evening hours and work at our Cornell Park Avenue may be needed occasionally. Staff are expected to occasionally take extra shifts to provide coverage for vacations.
The Administrative Assistant will play an integral role in the success of MFP whose primary function is to assist all physicians to achieve the vision, mission and goals of Markham Family Physicians.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Reception duties; greet, check in and assist patients. Ensure demographics are up to date. Process any forms and payments that are pending.
- Managing patient flow into exam rooms and related preparation for visit.
- Communication with patients face to face, over the phone and by email.
- Ensuring confidentiality and privacy of patients.
- Use of Electronic Medical Records system to manage patient data, appointment bookings and interoffice communication with Administrative and Clinical staff.
- Maintain appearance and organization of Clinic Waiting areas and exam rooms. Assist in stocking supplies.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum 1 year related administrative experience with working experience in a healthcare facility strongly preferred.
- Education in medical and / or office administration an asset
- Confidentiality and sensitivity essential when dealing with patients
- Ability to ensure phone calls to clients are professional but as brief as possible
- Computer competency: Windows, all Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and internet research; EMR system experience preferred
- Proficiency in verbal and written communications.
- Ability to prioritize and work well within a deadline driven environment
- Capability to work with minimal supervision
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail for EMR system, and internal communications
- Exercises good judgment and shows a willingness to take on new challenges
- Works well in a team environment and works collaboratively with all team members
- Understanding of safety issues in medical environment and comfort with one on one administrative patient care
This position will remain posted until it is filled. While we welcome all interest in the position only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org