Thank-you for your interest in working at the Markham Family Health Team!
There are three postings at this time:
2) Board of Directors posting
posted May 31st, 2018
Markham Family Health Team is presently seeking to fill a permanent part-time (approximately 1 day per week) psychiatrist position to provide diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of patients, as well as the management and coordination of care utilizing psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy. Compensation will be based on the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care’s Sessional Compensation Plan for Specialists in Family Health Teams.
Our Family Health Team provides medical care to 27,000 patients from our community who have formally registered through the Ontario Ministry of Health.The successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that includes Primary Care Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Dietitians, Occupational Therapists and a Chiropodist.
The successful candidate will support the ongoing process of quality review and improvement of our mental health services while demonstrating professionalism through upholding the standards that relate to all areas of practice.
Current expertise with geriatric patients regarding late-life mood and cognitive disorders is required for the position.
Applicants must be able to fill all of the following requirements:
- Hold a certificate of registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Hold a certification number from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada in Psychiatry
- Hold an Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) physician billing number
- Have a specialist designation in the Ministry’s Corporate Provider Database (CPDB)
- Are insured for physician liability under the Canadian Medical Protective Association
We appreciate everyone’s interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please email your resume and cover letter to MarkhamFHTResumes@gmail.com.This posting will remain up until the position is filled.
posted May 31st 2018
Volunteer Directors for Board of Markham Family Health Team
Markham Family Health Team (FHT) provides medical care to 27,000 patients from our community who have formally registered through the Ministry of Health with our FHT. We are a multi-disciplinary health care team that includes Family Physicians, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Social Workers, Pharmacists, Registered Dietitians, Occupational Therapists and Chiropody.
We are presently seeking individuals with strong governance and leadership experience to join our Board of Directors.
Our mission is:
To create and deliver a model of lifelong care that optimizes health for the individuals, families and communities we serve. We will achieve our mission with a collaborative approach to patient-centred primary health care, thoughtful innovation and the application of best practices supported by advanced information technology.
We hold these values:
• Caring and respect
• Teamwork and collaboration
• Innovation and Continuous Quality Improvement
• Patient-centred care
We are looking for skilled individuals to support the governance mandate of our organization. Experience and knowledge in at least one of the following areas is required:
- Senior leadership experience
- Governance in a non-unionized environment
- Specialized knowledge in law, human resources or finance
- Knowledge of Ontario’s health-care system
We are seeking individuals who are strongly aligned with our mission and values and can play an important role in helping us continue to develop and grow as we strive to meet the needs of our patients. Board members must have strong communication and strategic critical thinking skills, along with a vested interest in our community.
The Markham Family Health Team Board of Directors typically meets on a quarterly basis with some occasional additional meetings. Following an initial orientation process, the time commitment would be about 12 to 15 hours per year.
Benefits to participating on our Board and contributing to the growth of Markham FHT include:
- An opportunity to learn more about primary care and the interdisciplinary FHT model in particular.
- A chance to work with a progressive organization where your expertise can make a difference.
- An opportunity to learn more about board governance.
- Networking with other professionals who share your values.
- Personal and professional growth.
To learn more about our organization please go to http://www.markhamfht.com.
Note: this is a volunteer position.
Please submit your CV with an expression of interest to MFHTResumes@gmail.com
While we appreciate all interest in this opportunity only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.